- Lds will accept heavy weight shipements for international courier provided that no single piece weighs more than 30 kilograms
- Example : shipment weight 300 kgs in total should be packed in 10 pieces . Should this exceed the weight resteiction then lds would advise verious alternate service mode .
- Certain goods are restricted for carriage due to customs requirements , airline restrictions and their hazardous nature . it is the responsibility of the shipper to ensure that goods are not restricted , hazardous or dangerous for carriage by air or road . This must be brought to the attention of LDS.
- There are various regulations governing the transportation of dangerous goods . shipments must be packaged and labeled in accordance with IATA regulations.
- Should there be a need for DGR Packaging LDS can source an airline /IATA accredited packer.
- The following items are prohibited and will note be accepted as courier material
- Dangerous goods / hazardous goods
- Dry ice
- Flammable or toxic goods
- Valubles – jewllery, diamonds, gold
- Money – forms of cash, coins, negotiable docs
- Travellers cheques
- Firearms, weaponary or other parts
- Gambling devices
- Foodstuff, perishables
- Live animals or plants